Network with over 100 media teachers and receive ideas about teaching the new specifications for Media & Film.
To help you the following workshops run three times (1 hour each) throughout the day
• Designing a 2 year linear course outline
• Thinking about specified media products and set texts – what does this mean?
• Incorporating the new demands of practical work
• Theories and commentators – approaches so students have a holistic joined up experience
• Approaches to the new Film Studies
• Q & A session on new 2017 OCR Media and Film Specs with Rob Carlton and Tony Fahy (OCR)
Workshop leaders (all experienced teachers of media)
• Louisa Cunningham – Head of AS Media, City & Islington 6th Form College
• Barney Oram – Teacher of Media & Film, Long Road 6th Form, Cambridge
• Nicola Naisbett – Head of A level Media, Queen Elisabeth's College 6th Form, Darlington
• Matt Sherriff – Head of Media & Film, Shenfield School
• James Baker – Deputy Head, Hurtwood House (former Head of Media)
Final KEYNOTE speaker (tbc) to follow on in the tradition of Matt Locke, Destiny Ekaragha and Paul Lewis etc.
Delegates are welcome to bring with them laptops or tablets.
Delegates will have the opportunity to choose on the day which workshops to attend.
Materials will be made available on the OCR Media Studies Weebly after the event.